HC asks CBI to reply to bail plea of accused in CWG scam case
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court today asked the CBI to respond to the bail plea of a Hyderabad-based firm`s promoter A K Reddy, arrested for his role in a 2010 games-related graft case, also involving the sacked CWG organising panel chief Suresh Kalmadi.
Issuing notice to the CBI, Justice Mukta Gupta listed Reddy`s bail plea for further hearing on April 30.
A K R Constructions proprietor Reddy has sought bail on the ground of parity with other accused including Kalmadi, who have been enlarged on bail.
Special CBI judge Talwant Singh, earlier on April 16, had rejected Reddy`s bail plea saying "in my view, accused (Reddy) cannot claim parity with other accused in view of observation made by this court in its order dated January 4, 2012 and the Delhi High Court order dated January 19, 2012."
Reddy, in his plea, had said the CBI has failed to make out a prima facie case against him under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
"Even no prima facie case is made out against the petitioner with respect to the main offence under Section 13(2) and 13 (1)(d) of P C Act, 1988 since chargesheet doesn`t allege that any demand was made by any accused or even the applicant has, in fact in pursuance of the demand, handed over any such gratification.
"Having regard to the fact that all other co-accused persons, against whom more serious and grave allegations are made by the CBI, have been released on regular bail on the ground of parity, there is no impediment in enlarging the petitioner (Reddy) on regular bail on just conditions," he had said in his petition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand