HC issues notice to Railways on sports quota recruitment
Nagpur: The Bombay High Court has issued notices to the Railway Minister and the senior personnel officer of South East Central Railway seeking reply on A petition regarding sports quota recruitment.
The Nagpur bench of justices Vasanti Naik and Atul Chandurkar, which heard the petition last week, sought the replies within two weeks.
Petitioner Nagpur District Football Association has objected to a condition for recruitment of sportspersons as per the 2002 policy framed by the SECR. The condition requires that a candidate, to qualify for sports quota, must have actually played and merely being a part of the team would not suffice.
The Railways had issued an advertisement for recruitment in the sports quota last August.
Petitioner`s lawyer advocate Virat Mishra argued that the condition violates sportsperson`s fundamental rights and should be set aside.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'