HC issues notice to Railways on sports quota recruitment
Nagpur: The Bombay High Court has issued notices to the Railway Minister and the senior personnel officer of South East Central Railway seeking reply on A petition regarding sports quota recruitment.
The Nagpur bench of justices Vasanti Naik and Atul Chandurkar, which heard the petition last week, sought the replies within two weeks.
Petitioner Nagpur District Football Association has objected to a condition for recruitment of sportspersons as per the 2002 policy framed by the SECR. The condition requires that a candidate, to qualify for sports quota, must have actually played and merely being a part of the team would not suffice.
The Railways had issued an advertisement for recruitment in the sports quota last August.
Petitioner`s lawyer advocate Virat Mishra argued that the condition violates sportsperson`s fundamental rights and should be set aside.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?