Heat suffer fifth loss in six games
Denver`s Kenneth Faried scored 24 points and grabbed 10 rebounds Friday to spark the Denver Nuggets over the reigning NBA champion Miami Heat 111-107.
Darrell Arthur came off the bench to contribute 18 on 7-of-11 shooting to help the Nuggets give the Heat consecutive home losses for the first time since the 2010-11 season.
The Heat have lost five of their past six games overall.
"We haven`t been in a stretch like this since probably the 2010-11 season," Heat guard Dwyane Wade said. "When we were in that stretch, we had to figure it out. It`s the same thing with this. Something is off with this team. We as a unit got to figure out what`s off."
The Nuggets` bench outscored Aiami`s reserves by a 57-40 margin on the night, with Evan Fournier netting 14 points and J.J. Hickson compiling 11 points and nine rebounds.
"It was a complete team effort," said Nuggets coach Brian Shaw.
Ray Allen led Miami with 22 points, hitting 5-of-7 from 3-point range, while four-time NBA Most Valuable Player LeBron James added 21 points and Wade contributed 19.
The Heat jumped out to a 38-24 edge early in the second quarter before Fournier scored eight points to spark a 22-4 run for a 46-42 edge.
James made two free throws to pull Miami within 107-104 with 17.1 seconds to play, but Randy Foye and Faried combined to sink four free throws to seal Denver`s victory.
The Heat had not suffered back-to-back home losses since February of 2011, while the Nuggets had lost three in a row at Miami.
In all, 20 Miami turnovers were converted into 22 points for Denver.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?