HI announces grant for State Associations
New Delhi: Hockey India (HI) has decided to give an annual grant of Rs 5 lakh to all its State Associations in order to help them improve the sport at the grassroot level in their respective region.
The decision was taken during the HI Executive Board meeting here on Saturday.
The grant will be used to organise senior, junior, sub-junior level tournaments and also school level tournament that will help in attracting more youngsters towards the national game.
"Though as a game hockey is popular in the country, this grant will help encourage more youngsters to come and play the game, which will popularise the game at grass-root level," said HI Secretary General Narinder Batra.
In the meeting on Saturday, it was also decided to give financial support to a pool of 33 junior men and 33 junior women players.
HI will give each player Rs 1,20,000 per annum, which is equal to Rs 10,000 per month payable at every quarter, this shortlisting from 48 to 33 will be done in early June 2012 and payments will start from July-September quarter.
The decision regarding annual retainership fee for senior men and women players will also be taken shortly and the board has authorised Batra to finalise the same.
This is the first time in the history of Indian hockey that HI will give grant to its State Associations, since the commencement of men and women hockey from 1927 onwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi