HI, FIH to train Indian referees
New Delhi: Hockey India and its international body (FIH) will jointly conduct a High Performance coaching course for the country`s referees here from February 16 to 22.
As part of the Hero Hockey World League Round 2 tournament, the programme aims to identify coaches from all areas of India and provide them with advanced coaching tools.
The course is the second part of a Coaching Education program for elite coaches who aspire to be high performance coaches. The first course was held in Lucknow in September 2012.
Tayyab Ikram, FIH Master Coach, and Siegfried Aikman, FIH Grade 1 Coach, will conduct the course.
The course includes sessions on video analysis and the importance of technology in coaching.
"In the first part of this course conducted at Lucknow last year, we got a very good response from all the participants and I am expecting a much better response this year, as it will help in improving the level of sport in India" Ikram said.
"It will be a learning experience as well as an opportunity to gain Level 3 Certification in this three-year course," Hockey India Secretary General Dr Narinder Batra sai.
"The participants will be able to transfer their new know how to other coaches in their States so that coaching standards are improved," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part IV
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part V
- HORRIFYING VIDEO! Muslim women beaten up over beef rumour; mute spectators film attack as cops watch
- When Sushma Swaraj responded to a plea for help in chaste Haryanvi
- Karnataka bandh: KSRTC bus strike called off as state government announces 12.5% pay hike
- 7th Pay Commission: NPS funds earned more than PF in last six months
- Amitabh Bachchan celebrates 43 years of 'Abhimaan'