HI forms high performance and development committee
New Delhi: With an eye to promote the sport at the grassroot level, Hockey India on Monday formed a High Performance and Development Committee for the year 2013-14 to be headed by its secretary general, Narinder Batra.
The 15-member committee includes Olympians, international players and chief coaches while Sports Authority of India will be an invitee member.
The Committee will prepare blueprints and ensure that same pattern of coaching is followed in the country at all levels, and will meet quarterly to discuss the progress.
The formation of the committee was a necessary step after appointing Dutchman Roelant Oltmans as director (high performance) earlier.
Members: Narinder Batra (Chairman), Roelant Oltmans (Vice-Chairman), Elena Norman (Convenor), Ajit Pal Singh, Balbir Singh, Dilip Tirkey, Sukhvir Singh Grewal, Thoiba Singh, Mukesh Kumar, Dr RP Singh, Surinder Kaur, Saba Anjum, Michael Nobbs, Neil Hawgood and Gregg Clark.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS