HI forms high performance and development committee
New Delhi: With an eye to promote the sport at the grassroot level, Hockey India on Monday formed a High Performance and Development Committee for the year 2013-14 to be headed by its secretary general, Narinder Batra.
The 15-member committee includes Olympians, international players and chief coaches while Sports Authority of India will be an invitee member.
The Committee will prepare blueprints and ensure that same pattern of coaching is followed in the country at all levels, and will meet quarterly to discuss the progress.
The formation of the committee was a necessary step after appointing Dutchman Roelant Oltmans as director (high performance) earlier.
Members: Narinder Batra (Chairman), Roelant Oltmans (Vice-Chairman), Elena Norman (Convenor), Ajit Pal Singh, Balbir Singh, Dilip Tirkey, Sukhvir Singh Grewal, Thoiba Singh, Mukesh Kumar, Dr RP Singh, Surinder Kaur, Saba Anjum, Michael Nobbs, Neil Hawgood and Gregg Clark.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says