HI, IHF must form unified body soon: Aslam Sher Khan
New Delhi: Hockey Olympian Aslam Sher Khan on Wednesday said that warring Indian Hockey Federation (IHF) and Hockey India (HI) should form an unified front soon so that the beleaguered players can approach one body with their problems.
"The players face a lot of problems as to which body to approach with their problems. So both HI and IHF soon should form an unified body," said Aslam.
Both HI and IHF are fighting for the governance of Indian hockey and even the government had to intervene in an attempt to solve the issues between the two warring bodies.
Asked about the postponement of the million-dollar World Series Hockey (WSH) tournament until after the Olympic Qualifiers to be held in February next, Aslam declined to comment.
The eight team franchise based tournament, jointly promted by Nimbus Sport and IHF, has been postponed till February 29 after key Indian players withdrew from the event to join the national camp in Bangalore for the Olympic qualifiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?