HI, IHF must form unified body soon: Aslam Sher Khan
New Delhi: Hockey Olympian Aslam Sher Khan on Wednesday said that warring Indian Hockey Federation (IHF) and Hockey India (HI) should form an unified front soon so that the beleaguered players can approach one body with their problems.
"The players face a lot of problems as to which body to approach with their problems. So both HI and IHF soon should form an unified body," said Aslam.
Both HI and IHF are fighting for the governance of Indian hockey and even the government had to intervene in an attempt to solve the issues between the two warring bodies.
Asked about the postponement of the million-dollar World Series Hockey (WSH) tournament until after the Olympic Qualifiers to be held in February next, Aslam declined to comment.
The eight team franchise based tournament, jointly promted by Nimbus Sport and IHF, has been postponed till February 29 after key Indian players withdrew from the event to join the national camp in Bangalore for the Olympic qualifiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch