HI, IHF must form unified body soon: Aslam Sher Khan
New Delhi: Hockey Olympian Aslam Sher Khan on Wednesday said that warring Indian Hockey Federation (IHF) and Hockey India (HI) should form an unified front soon so that the beleaguered players can approach one body with their problems.
"The players face a lot of problems as to which body to approach with their problems. So both HI and IHF soon should form an unified body," said Aslam.
Both HI and IHF are fighting for the governance of Indian hockey and even the government had to intervene in an attempt to solve the issues between the two warring bodies.
Asked about the postponement of the million-dollar World Series Hockey (WSH) tournament until after the Olympic Qualifiers to be held in February next, Aslam declined to comment.
The eight team franchise based tournament, jointly promted by Nimbus Sport and IHF, has been postponed till February 29 after key Indian players withdrew from the event to join the national camp in Bangalore for the Olympic qualifiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi