HI name 18-member junior women`s team for Scotland tour
New Delhi: Hockey India on Tuesday named an 18-member junior women`s team which will embark on a tour to Scotland on Wednesday.
The tour, to be held from May 1-11, is seen as a preparation ahead of the junior women`s World Cup to be played at Monchengladbach, Germany from July 27 to August 4 this year.
Hockey India selectors Balbir Singh, Syed Ali along with government observer Harbinder Singh selected squad after a selection trial recently held at the Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium here.
During the tour, the Indian team will play five games against Scotland, starting May 3 in Glasgow.
Goalkeepers: Sanarik Chanu, Bigan Soy
Defenders: Pinky Devi, Jaspreet Kaur, Kiran Dahiya, Sandeep Kaur, Manjit Kaur, Ritusha Arya, Renuka Yadav
Mid-fielders: Navjot Kaur (Senior), Lily Chanu, Manmeet Kaur, Nikki Pradhan
Forwards: Punam Barla, Navneet Kaur, Jaswinder Kaur, Neha Goyal, Hardeep Kaur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May
- No instances of incursions by Chinese troops into Indian territory: Manohar Parrikar
- Haryana government strips former CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda off cabinet rank