HI name 18-member junior women`s team for Scotland tour
New Delhi: Hockey India on Tuesday named an 18-member junior women`s team which will embark on a tour to Scotland on Wednesday.
The tour, to be held from May 1-11, is seen as a preparation ahead of the junior women`s World Cup to be played at Monchengladbach, Germany from July 27 to August 4 this year.
Hockey India selectors Balbir Singh, Syed Ali along with government observer Harbinder Singh selected squad after a selection trial recently held at the Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium here.
During the tour, the Indian team will play five games against Scotland, starting May 3 in Glasgow.
Goalkeepers: Sanarik Chanu, Bigan Soy
Defenders: Pinky Devi, Jaspreet Kaur, Kiran Dahiya, Sandeep Kaur, Manjit Kaur, Ritusha Arya, Renuka Yadav
Mid-fielders: Navjot Kaur (Senior), Lily Chanu, Manmeet Kaur, Nikki Pradhan
Forwards: Punam Barla, Navneet Kaur, Jaswinder Kaur, Neha Goyal, Hardeep Kaur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’