HI names Indian women team for 3rd Asian Hockey Champions
New Delhi: Midfielder Ritu Rani will lead India`s 18-member senior women squad which will compete at the 3rd Asian Champions Trophy to be played at Kakamigahara, Japan from November 2 to 9, Hockey India said on Friday.
"Hockey India Selectors B P Govinda, Savitry Purty and Surinder Kaur, Roelant Oltmans, Director High Performance, Neil Hawgood, chief coach of the senior women team & scientific advisor Matthew Tredrea alongwith Government Observer Harbinder Singh selected the list of 18 players and 6 standbys during the selection trials conducted at NSNIS Patiala on October 11," HI said in a statement.
The senior women team camp is currently underway and commenced at NSNIS, Patiala from October 11 as preparations for this tournament. Midfielder Chanchan Devi will be the vice-captain of the team will depart for Japan on October 29.
The senior women team won the silver medal at the 8th Women`s Asia Cup held in Malaysia last month.
The other participating teams in the tournament are China, Japan and Malaysia. India will open its campaign against China on November 2 followed by matches against Malaysia on November 4 and Japan on November 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department