HI prunes down junior men core probables list to 33
New Delhi: The list of core probables of the junior men`s hockey team has been pruned down to 33 from 48 after a three-day selection trials at the SAI Centre, Bangalore from July 25-27, Hockey India said on Tuesday.
HI selectors B P Govinda, R P Singh and Arjun Halappa, High Performance Director Roelant Oltmans, junior men`s team coach Gregg Clark and scientific advisor Jason Konrath, along with the government observer Harbinder Singh unanimously decided to prune down the list ahead of preparations for the FIH Junior Men Hockey World Cup to be held here from December 6-15.
The coaching camp of the junior men core probables will commence on August 11 here, a HI statement said.
The curtailed list comprises four goalkeepers, 11 defenders, nine midfielders and nine forwards.
List of junior men core probables:
Goalkeepers: Sushant Tirkey, Harjot Singh, Jagdeep Dayal, Abhinay Kumar Pandey.
Defenders: Sukhmanjit Singh, Gagandeep Singh, Gurjinder Singh, Gaganpreet Singh, Jarmanpreet Singh, Surender Kumar, Jatinder Singh, Sampath Kumar Maylaram, Dipsan Tirkey, Pardeep Mor, Sumit.
Midfielders: Harjit Singh, Devinder Walmiki, Satbir Singh, Lalit Upadhayay, Imran Khan, Stanli Minz, Arman Qureshi, Baljit Singh, Amir Khan.
Forwards: Sukhdev Singh, Mohd Nizamuddin, Gurpreet Singh, P L Thimmanna, Gagandeep Singh, Tarandeep Singh, Affan Yousuf, Amon Mirash Tirkey, Siddarth Shankar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state