HI ropes in scientific advisor for senior women`s team
New Delhi: With an aim to make the side physically and mentally fit, Hockey India today appointed Matthew Tredrea as the scientific advisor of the senior women`s team.
Before being appointed with the Indian women`s hockey team, the 26-year-old Matthew worked with the Australian professional Rugby League club, Newcastle Knights for almost two years as the assistant strength and conditioning Coach.
Matthew has also worked on different assignments as the strength and conditioning coach of the Australian Rugby League Development and CSHS Rugby League Programs.
HI secretary general Narinder Batra said Matthew`s appointment is an important step towards ensuring proper fitness level of the national women team.
"Our senior and junior teams are preparing for important tournaments like the FIH World League Round 3 (Qualifier for World Cup 2014) and 2013 Junior Women World Cup respectively. (Matthew) Tredrea will play key role in the physical and mental fitness of our players, as they prepare for these major tournaments," Batra said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter