HI writes to SAI to not give national stadium for WSH
New Delhi: Hockey India (HI) on Tuesday shot a letter to the Sports Authority of India (SAI), requesting them to not give on lease Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium for the controversial World Series Hockey (WSH).
HI contended that the dates of the WSH matches and the national camps for the Olympic qualifiers are clashing and the two events happening at the same venue would result in "mess and indiscipline".
The men`s camp is starting from December 11 and the women`s camp will begin from December 27 while the WSH is scheduled to commence from December 17 at the same venue.
HI secretary general Narinder Batra expressed his concern by writing to SAI secretary Gopal Krishna.
"If the stadium is given to Nimbus to conduct their league at the National Stadium then it would disrupt the training schedule of India`s men`s and women`s team for the Olympic qualifier. There will be total chaos and confusion," he wrote.
Batra also wrote that allowing Nimbus to host the event could also upset the FIH.
"The sports ministry has assured the FIH that it will not support any FIH un-sanctioned event and by this (allowing Nimbus to host WSH at National Stadium) it will be evident that the sports ministry is supporting FIH un-sanctioned event at the cost of training and preparation of the national team for the Olympic qualifier," Batra wrote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly