HIL appoints Bjorn Isberg as Tournament Director
New Delhi: Hockey India League (HIL) has appointed Bjorn Isberg as Tournament Director for the second season of the six-team franchise-based event to be held from January 23 to February 23.
Hockey India Secretary General and HIL chairman Narinder Batra said the appointment of Isberg is a key step towards ensuring that the 2014 season of the league is technically well conducted.
"Together with Todd Faulds appointment as Director Competitions, highly experienced Bjorn`s coming on board as Tournament Director will make HIL a great event in 2014," he said.
Isberg said, "I am honoured to be part of the HIL 2014. The HIL had a very good start in 2013, and now HIL will build on that success to be even better in 2014. Our team of technical officials will make sure that the players have the best competition environment possible, so that they can perform at the top level. Personally it will be great to follow Indian Hockey on site."
The 50 year-old Isberg has conducted many events over recent years in his capacity as Tournament Director including London Olympics in 2012, three FIH Champions Trophy tournaments including Lahore in 2004, Kuala lumpur in 2007 and Auckland in 2011 and FIH Indoor World Cup 2011 in Poland.
He has also worked as an Assistant Tournament Director at the Olympic Games 2008 in Beijing and two FIH World Cups including Germany in 2006 and India in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites