HIL appreciated globally in inaugural season: Negre
New Delhi: It is just one season old but Hockey India League has drawn global appreciation and is important to revive the sport in the country, FIH President Leandro Negre said on Monday.
"The FIH is very clear about the importance of Hero HIL and that`s why we have allotted a special window to it" said Negre.
"After the inaugural season, the Hero Hockey India League is appreciated globally by everyone and I am hopeful that the league will prove to be a new milestone for the future of Indian Hockey," he added.
Negre was here for the sixth Franchise workshop, which was attended by representatives from each of the five HIL franchises.
In the workshop, HIL presented and shared its plans with all the franchises for the second Season of the event.
Negre and and Jons Hensel, Chairman European Hockey League (EHL), were the special guests for the workshop and shared their views about the league with the franchisee officials.
"Hero Hockey India League has gained the right momentum in the inaugural season and it has the potential to grow to a large scale in the coming years. All the Dutch players who played in the inaugural season of Hero HIL returned back with happy stories and rich experience," said Hensel.
Hockey India League Chairman Narinder Batra thanked Negre and Hensel for attending the workshop and sharing their vision.
"Hero HIL is putting in its best efforts to present a more spectacular League in 2014, and we obtain precious inputs in the workshop from our special guests and franchise members on which we will work in the coming days," said Batra.
During the workshop, the HIL`s broadcasting partner Star Sports also made its presentation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory