HIL has the potential to become a global brand: Jaitley
New Delhi: Hockey India League advisory board member Arun Jaitley says the franchise-based event, which was launched only this year, has "the potential to become a global brand".
Jaitley complimented all the participating teams and franchises of HIL for successfully and professionally organizing the inaugural season of the league.
"Hero HIL has the potential of becoming an international global brand and is on the road to achieve it," Jaitley said on Monday at the fifth franchise workshop of HIL at a city hotel here.
"With the introduction of Hero HIL, we see that fans and audience are watching and engaged in the sport. In the last 2-3 years, hockey is on the road to recovery," added the senior BJP leader.
Jaitley further said that the inaugural season of HIL was free from any controversy and played with good integrity, which was a result of the strong administration.
In the workshop, which was attended by representatives from each of the franchises, HIL organizers made presentations and detailed analysis on the results of the inaugural season of the league, a Hockey India statement said.
Plans were also discussed on how to make the league more successful in the second season starting from January 23 next year.
Apart from Jaitley, the workshop was also attended by another HIL advisory board member, Rajat Sharma (Chairman & Editor-in-Chief, India TV).
Sharma congratulated HIL and all its stakeholders for the successful conduct of the inaugural season.
"I was surprised after watching the first match of the Hero HIL, the crowd in the stadium was beyond my expectations and I think this league can play an important role in bringing back glory for the country," he said.
Hockey India secretary general and HIL chairman Narinder Batra said, "We are making our best efforts to present a more spectacular league in 2014. Through the workshop we obtain invaluable feedback from our franchise partners that we are taking on board for the sustainability and success of the league."
Other well-known personalities who attended the workshop as special guests were Olympic gold medalist shooter Abhinav Bindra, former woman tennis player and CEO of Mittal Champions Trust Manisha Malhotra and former India hockey player and CEO of Olympic Gold Quest Viren Rasquina.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi