HIL increases salary cap of each franchise by USD 75,000
New Delhi: Hockey India League has decided to raise the franchisees` salary cap for the second season of the Hero HIL, scheduled to be held from from January 23 to February 23, by USD 75,000 (Rs 46 Lakh).
Hockey India (HI) Secretary General and HIL chairman, Narinder Batra said the Executive Board accepted the request of the franchisees to raise the cap.
"After the enormous success of inaugural Hero HIL, our franchise partners requested for an increase in the salary cap in the coming season," said Batra.
"Each franchise now has an additional Rs 46 lakh available to buy new players to complete its squad in place of permanent withdrawals for the coming season. The Mini Players Auction/Closed Bid is scheduled for November 18, with 154 players signing up for the auction," he added.
The salary cap for each Franchisee in the inaugural season was USD 650,000(Rs 3.96 crore) which is now increased to USD 725,000 (Rs 4.42 crore).
In the inaugural season, 70 top domestic players including the Indian nationals and 50 international players, who are part of the national squads of Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Netherlands, Germany, Malaysia, Spain, and Argentina played for the five franchisees.
Of the 120 players who played in the inaugural Hero HIL, 60 were Olympians. The list includes winners of the prestigious FIH Player of the Year Award, including Jamie Dwyer (2004, 2009, 2010, 2011), Teun de Nooijer (2003, 2005, 2006) and Moritz Fuerste (2012).
Seven of the top 10 FIH rated players played in the Hero HIL 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27