HIL names three Indians among six `Marquee Players`
New Delhi: Hockey India League today named midfielder Sardar Singh and drag-flicker Sandeep Singh among six `Marquee Players` for the December 16 HIL Auction.
Apart from the duo, India forward S V Sunil, Australian Jamie Dwyer, Germany`s double Olympic gold medallist Moritz Fuertse and Teun de Nooijer from the Netherlands have been included in the list of Marquee Players, a release from HIL stated.
"We are pleased to announce three players each from India and overseas as Marquee Players in the Hockey India League Players` Auction set for December 16," Hockey India secretary general and HIL chairman, Narinder Batra, said.
"The six franchises will engage one each of these Marquee Players whose craft makes them huge crowd pullers. The Auction has been designed in such a way that the teams will bid for the Marquee Players before the other players.
"It will ensure that each of the six franchisees will have an equal chance to engage a Marquee Player of its choice," Batra informed.
"All teams will place silent bids for all six players and the auctioneer will announce the successful bids," he added.
The Marquee Players will be available in Delhi to join their respective franchises during the auction that will follow.
"It will enable them become a part of their respective team`s think-tank as soon as they are inducted in the squad," Batra said.
Each team`s Marquee Player will get a contract worth at least 115 per cent of the highest successful bid for a player in the auction.
However, if the silent bid is worth more than this amount, the player will be entitled to get the amount mentioned in the silent bid, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore