Hindu Yuwak Sabha supporters attempt to disturb HIL opener
New Delhi: Shouting anti-Pakistan slogans, two supporters from Hindu Yuwak Sabha today attempted to invade the turf at the National Stadium, the venue where the opening Hockey India League match between Delhi Waveriders and Punjab Warriors was on.
However, the incident which occured in the 27th minute of the first half failed to deter the players from going ahead with the match.
The two activists of youth wing of Hindu Sena, after the Shiv Sena yesterday stopped the training session of the Mumbai Magicians which has five Pakistani players in its roster, were overpowered by the security officials and dragged out of the venue.
In the wake of mounting tension over Pakistan army killing two Indian soldiers, beheading one of them, Shiv Sena has demanded that all the Pakistan players in the HIL should be sent back.
The incident however was a big embarrassment for the HIL organizers as no one was able to explain as to how the security breach happened.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh