Hockey India announces HIL schedule
New Delhi: Jaypee Punjab Warriors will take on last year`s runners-up Delhi Waveriders in the inaugural match of the second edition of the Hockey India League at Mohali on January 25.
On the second day, defending champions Ranchi Rhinos will take on Uttar Pradesh Warriors in Ranchi while on the same day, Jaypee Punjab Warriors will play their second match of the League against Mumbai Magicians at home.
The much-awaited game between Ranchi Rhinos and Delhi Waveriders will be held on January 27 in Ranchi, Hockey India said in a release.
The entire League will be telecast live on Star Sports, the broadcast partners for the tournament. The 34 matches, to be played in a span of 30 days, will be held at Mohali, Ranchi, Delhi, Mumbai, Lucknow and Bhubaneswar.
The two semifinals and final of HIL will be played in Ranchi on February 22 and 23 respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’