Hockey India appoints Oltmans as high performance manager
New Delhi: Hockey India on Friday appointed legendary Dutch coach Roelant Oltmans as high performance director, who will oversee the affairs of its senior and junior national teams.
Hockey India (HI) secretary general, Narinder Batra said that the appointment of Oltmans is an important step to ensure that a strategic programme will be put in place for the senior and junior men`s and women`s teams.
"Hockey India had been looking for a candidate that not only has the experience of High Performance Management but also understands the unique attributes of working on the sub-continent. We`re confident that Roelant will bring his vast experience and knowledge into this key position," Batra said.
Oltmans said he is excited with his first-ever role as Director, High Performance.
"I strongly believe that there is a lot of talent in India and by having a proper plan in place, we will be able to raise the level of Indian Hockey in the near future," Oltmans said.
"Our dream is to bring the glory back to the country. We need to work hard on a single platform that too with unity, encouraging our players and giving them the right direction which will help our dream come true," he added.
Oltmans, who coached the Dutch team for 14-long years, has a long list of achievements. Under his guidance, the Dutch team won the gold medal at the Atlanta Olympics, two FIH World Cups, three FIH Champions Trophies and the Euro Hockey League.
Oltmans is currently working with The Netherlands Olympic Committee as its Performance Manager for Elite Sports, and is also an International Hockey Federation`s (FIH) Master coach.
The Dutchman is the chief coach of the Uttar Pradesh Wizards in the ongoing Hockey India League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH