Hockey India derecognises Air India
New Delhi: Hockey India (HI) Saturday derecognised Air India as its associate member with immediate effect.
This decision was unanimously taken in the Executive Board meeting of HI which was held Saturday at the Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium here.
The decision was taken due to non-payment of their annual membership fees since 2010-11. Air India had been a member of HI since 2009 and in 2012 it was demoted to Associate Member.
HI secretary general Narinder Batra said following the rules and regulations, the Executive Board decide to take the step.
"Although it was tough to derecognise Air India as an Associate Member but discipline should be maintained for the smooth functioning of the National Sports Federation. We expect all the Affiliate Members and Associate Members to work professionally which is the basic criteria to develop any sport in the country," said Batra.
HI now has 32 state member units, five Associate Members and two members through state Olympic associations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre