Hockey India inducts CRPF as associate member
New Delhi: Hockey India today inducted Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) as an associate member and it can take part in all the national championships in future.
Hockey India now has 13 associate members with 29 affiliated members and two state olympic association members.
CRPF hockey team has participated in the All India Police Games and some major Indian tournaments like Nehru Cup Hockey tournament, Surjit Singh Memorial Hockey tournament and Beighton Cup.
"The Police Services have contributed immensely in the development and promotion of Indian hockey. With CRPF becoming an associate member, it will provide hockey players with job opportunities and showcase their talent through CRPF. I welcome CRPF for their entry into Hockey India," Narinder Batra, Secretary General, Hockey India said.
Vivek Dube (IPS), (ADG, Training) is the President and Khajan Singh Tokas (DIG) is the Secretary General of CRPF.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?