Hockey India inducts CRPF as associate member
New Delhi: Hockey India today inducted Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) as an associate member and it can take part in all the national championships in future.
Hockey India now has 13 associate members with 29 affiliated members and two state olympic association members.
CRPF hockey team has participated in the All India Police Games and some major Indian tournaments like Nehru Cup Hockey tournament, Surjit Singh Memorial Hockey tournament and Beighton Cup.
"The Police Services have contributed immensely in the development and promotion of Indian hockey. With CRPF becoming an associate member, it will provide hockey players with job opportunities and showcase their talent through CRPF. I welcome CRPF for their entry into Hockey India," Narinder Batra, Secretary General, Hockey India said.
Vivek Dube (IPS), (ADG, Training) is the President and Khajan Singh Tokas (DIG) is the Secretary General of CRPF.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read