Hockey India inducts CRPF as associate member
New Delhi: Hockey India today inducted Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) as an associate member and it can take part in all the national championships in future.
Hockey India now has 13 associate members with 29 affiliated members and two state olympic association members.
CRPF hockey team has participated in the All India Police Games and some major Indian tournaments like Nehru Cup Hockey tournament, Surjit Singh Memorial Hockey tournament and Beighton Cup.
"The Police Services have contributed immensely in the development and promotion of Indian hockey. With CRPF becoming an associate member, it will provide hockey players with job opportunities and showcase their talent through CRPF. I welcome CRPF for their entry into Hockey India," Narinder Batra, Secretary General, Hockey India said.
Vivek Dube (IPS), (ADG, Training) is the President and Khajan Singh Tokas (DIG) is the Secretary General of CRPF.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi