Hockey India inducts Madhya Pradesh as new Associate Member
New Delhi: Hockey India today added its 23rd associate member by welcoming on board Hockey Madhya Pradesh under its wings.
Prior to being the associate member of Hockey India, Hockey Madhya Pradesh was known as Madhya Pradesh Hockey Association, HI said in a statement.
Speaking on the newly formed Hockey Madhya Pradesh, HI Secretary General Narinder Batra said, "I welcome Hockey Madhya Pradesh to the family of Hockey India and we look forward to them to continuing their commendable work that they have been doing since their inception as Madhya Pradesh Hockey Association.
"I am proud that many hockey associations in various states are coming forward and showcasing their intent to being a part of Hockey India and this is happening because of the urge by each one of us to revive the game of Hockey in the country."
Hockey India currently has 25 permanent, 23 associate, 2 members through State Olympic Associations, 6 Academy members and 1 Hoc-Key Member.
Nitin Dhimole is the President and Lok Bahadur is the General Secretary of the Hockey Madhya Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what