Hockey India inducts Madhya Pradesh as new Associate Member
New Delhi: Hockey India today added its 23rd associate member by welcoming on board Hockey Madhya Pradesh under its wings.
Prior to being the associate member of Hockey India, Hockey Madhya Pradesh was known as Madhya Pradesh Hockey Association, HI said in a statement.
Speaking on the newly formed Hockey Madhya Pradesh, HI Secretary General Narinder Batra said, "I welcome Hockey Madhya Pradesh to the family of Hockey India and we look forward to them to continuing their commendable work that they have been doing since their inception as Madhya Pradesh Hockey Association.
"I am proud that many hockey associations in various states are coming forward and showcasing their intent to being a part of Hockey India and this is happening because of the urge by each one of us to revive the game of Hockey in the country."
Hockey India currently has 25 permanent, 23 associate, 2 members through State Olympic Associations, 6 Academy members and 1 Hoc-Key Member.
Nitin Dhimole is the President and Lok Bahadur is the General Secretary of the Hockey Madhya Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack