Hockey India inducts Mumbai Hockey Association
New Delhi: Hockey India (HI) Thursday announced the induction of Mumbai Hockey Association (MHA) as its new Associate Member.
With the inclusion of MHA, HI now has six Associate Members, with 30 Affiliated Members and two other Members through state Olympic Associations.
HI secretary general Narinder Batra welcomed MHA in the fold and said: "Mumbai was always an important centre from hockey prospective and has produced so many players at national and international levels.
Now they are included as our Associate Member so we will work together for the development of the game at all levels.
"I am hopeful that MHA will put in its best efforts to promote the game at grass-root level by organising more and more tournaments in the city," Batra said in a release here.
Being an Associate Member, MHA will be eligible to take part in all the National Championships from now on.
"We would like to thank Hockey India for admitting MHA in its fold and we are ready to work with them for the development of the game in our city and country at large," Mangha Singh Bakshi, president of MHA, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Nautanki, full drama CM': Arvind Kejriwal tweets praising a movie; Twitter explodes with hilarious reactions
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls Hillary Clinton 'world-class liar' as war of words intensifies
- United Nations criticizes repression in Bahrain, urges dialogue
- North Korea leader Kim Jong-Un says missile test a success, threat to US
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate