Hockey India inducts Mumbai Hockey Association
New Delhi: Hockey India (HI) Thursday announced the induction of Mumbai Hockey Association (MHA) as its new Associate Member.
With the inclusion of MHA, HI now has six Associate Members, with 30 Affiliated Members and two other Members through state Olympic Associations.
HI secretary general Narinder Batra welcomed MHA in the fold and said: "Mumbai was always an important centre from hockey prospective and has produced so many players at national and international levels.
Now they are included as our Associate Member so we will work together for the development of the game at all levels.
"I am hopeful that MHA will put in its best efforts to promote the game at grass-root level by organising more and more tournaments in the city," Batra said in a release here.
Being an Associate Member, MHA will be eligible to take part in all the National Championships from now on.
"We would like to thank Hockey India for admitting MHA in its fold and we are ready to work with them for the development of the game in our city and country at large," Mangha Singh Bakshi, president of MHA, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan