Hockey India inducts Mumbai Hockey Association
New Delhi: Hockey India (HI) Thursday announced the induction of Mumbai Hockey Association (MHA) as its new Associate Member.
With the inclusion of MHA, HI now has six Associate Members, with 30 Affiliated Members and two other Members through state Olympic Associations.
HI secretary general Narinder Batra welcomed MHA in the fold and said: "Mumbai was always an important centre from hockey prospective and has produced so many players at national and international levels.
Now they are included as our Associate Member so we will work together for the development of the game at all levels.
"I am hopeful that MHA will put in its best efforts to promote the game at grass-root level by organising more and more tournaments in the city," Batra said in a release here.
Being an Associate Member, MHA will be eligible to take part in all the National Championships from now on.
"We would like to thank Hockey India for admitting MHA in its fold and we are ready to work with them for the development of the game in our city and country at large," Mangha Singh Bakshi, president of MHA, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29