Hockey India not happy with Shivendra decision
New Delhi: Indian hockey fraternity is not happy with FIH’s decision to reduce ace India forward Shivendra Singh’s suspension to two matches in place of three.
Hickey India secretary Narinder Batra termed the decision as unfair. “The ban on Shivendra is unfair as he did not do any deliberate hitting.”
He described the reduction of ban as "too little, too late".
“The video footage also suggested that he did not hit the Pakistani player deliberately.”
“But we have to accept whatever the decision taken by FIH”
Hockey India Secretary Narendra Batra said that though the deciosion is harsh we have to accept it. We challenged the deciosion which is overturened.
Former hockey great and Olympian Zafar Iqbal also criticized the FIH’s decision and said that the apex body of world hockey always discriminates with the Asian players.
“Europion players get away lightly. We Asian countries always have to go thorough such incidents, there is no doubt about it. They always think that we deliberately do it," he said.
India coach Jose Brasa also lashed out at tournament director Ken Read for slapping Shivendra Singh with a two-match suspension for an "unintentional" foul against a Pakistani player during their hockey World Cup opener here.
Brasa wondered why tournament director Ken Read had picked an Indian player while players of other teams were "let off with far more graver offences".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- PHOTOS: BRUTAL! Randy Orton receives 10 staples after Brock Lesnar's assault at SummerSlam
- Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag appeals for peace in Kashmir
- Start dialogue process for peace in Kashmir, Ghulam Nabi Azad tells government
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan to be Sabyasachi's showstopper at LFW finale?
- This is what Arvind Kejriwal said for PM Narendra Modi after sedition case against Ramya