Hockey Junior World Cup: Germany`s Ruhr is player of tournament
New Delhi: It was double delight for Germany`s Christopher Ruhr as he was awarded the player of the tournament and the highest goal scorer award after his team successfully defended the Hockey Junior World Cup title at the Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium here Sunday.
Germany won their record sixth title by beating France 5-2 in the final.
Forward Ruhr scored nine goals in the tournament, more than anyone else.
French players also had their share of awards. Jean Laurent Kieffer won the best goal of the tournament award for scoring the third goal in their match against Argentina while French stopper Edgar Raynaud was presented the best goalkeeper award.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Uttarakhand forest fires: Social media terms it ‘National Emergency’, around 3000 hectares of forest area destroyed
- US, Russia in bids to halt fighting in Syria`s Aleppo
- 54 crore Indians in grip of drought: Swaraj Abhiyan
- Justice Rastogi backs CJI Thakur's appeal to increase number of judges
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued