Hockey legend Leslie Claudius critical
Kolkata: Triple Olympic hockey gold winner Leslie Claudius, suffering from cirrhosis of the liver, was admitted to a private hospital following complications, his son Brandon said on Tuesday.
"He was shifted to a hospital last night following some complications. His condition is critical," Brandon said.
The 85-year-old is currently being treated at the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the hospital near the Eastern Metropolitan bypass in the city`s southern outskirts.
A team of doctors headed by critical care specialist Sauren Panja are monitoring his condition, the hospital said.
Following abnormal fluid retention, Claudius was admitted Oct 27 to another hospital before being discharged Saturday.
In the last 11 months, Claudius has been hospitalised four times.
Claudius has three Olympic gold medals - London 1948, Helsinki 1952 and Melbourne 1956. At Rome in 1960, he led India to a silver medal finish.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi