Hockey legend Leslie Claudius critical
Kolkata: Triple Olympic hockey gold winner Leslie Claudius, suffering from cirrhosis of the liver, was admitted to a private hospital following complications, his son Brandon said on Tuesday.
"He was shifted to a hospital last night following some complications. His condition is critical," Brandon said.
The 85-year-old is currently being treated at the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the hospital near the Eastern Metropolitan bypass in the city`s southern outskirts.
A team of doctors headed by critical care specialist Sauren Panja are monitoring his condition, the hospital said.
Following abnormal fluid retention, Claudius was admitted Oct 27 to another hospital before being discharged Saturday.
In the last 11 months, Claudius has been hospitalised four times.
Claudius has three Olympic gold medals - London 1948, Helsinki 1952 and Melbourne 1956. At Rome in 1960, he led India to a silver medal finish.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown