Hockey legend Leslie Claudius critical
Kolkata: Triple Olympic hockey gold winner Leslie Claudius, suffering from cirrhosis of the liver, was admitted to a private hospital following complications, his son Brandon said on Tuesday.
"He was shifted to a hospital last night following some complications. His condition is critical," Brandon said.
The 85-year-old is currently being treated at the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the hospital near the Eastern Metropolitan bypass in the city`s southern outskirts.
A team of doctors headed by critical care specialist Sauren Panja are monitoring his condition, the hospital said.
Following abnormal fluid retention, Claudius was admitted Oct 27 to another hospital before being discharged Saturday.
In the last 11 months, Claudius has been hospitalised four times.
Claudius has three Olympic gold medals - London 1948, Helsinki 1952 and Melbourne 1956. At Rome in 1960, he led India to a silver medal finish.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why