Hockey: Malaysia beat New Zealand in close contest
New Delhi: Malaysia overcame a fighting New Zealand 3-2 in the first Pool D match of the Hockey Junior World Cup at the Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium here Friday.
Malaysia were successful on their second penalty corner attempt through Muhammad Bin Saabah. New Zealand reacted immediately and scored on their fourth penalty corner attempt by Kane Russell to level the score.
Malaysia took control of the proceedings early in second period as Muhammad Bin Baharom scored through a field goal. The Kiwis forced a penalty-corner and Russell converted again.
Firhan Ashari finally managed to push the ball in the Canadian goal in the 63rd minute to give Malaysia three points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur