Hockey not India’s national game: Sports Ministry
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: A reply to a RTI query by a class VII student revealed that India has no national game. Hockey was widely considered as the national game of the country but according to the ministry it has not given any particular sport the ‘National Sport’ status.
The RTI query was filed by Aishwarya Parashar at the Prime Minister’s Office in May this year. The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, in its reply, said the ministry has not declared any sport the national game.
“It is a bitter truth that the country has no national game,” she was quoted as saying by a newspaper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah