Hockey not India’s national game: Sports Ministry
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: A reply to a RTI query by a class VII student revealed that India has no national game. Hockey was widely considered as the national game of the country but according to the ministry it has not given any particular sport the ‘National Sport’ status.
The RTI query was filed by Aishwarya Parashar at the Prime Minister’s Office in May this year. The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, in its reply, said the ministry has not declared any sport the national game.
“It is a bitter truth that the country has no national game,” she was quoted as saying by a newspaper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre