Hockey not India’s national game: Sports Ministry
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: A reply to a RTI query by a class VII student revealed that India has no national game. Hockey was widely considered as the national game of the country but according to the ministry it has not given any particular sport the ‘National Sport’ status.
The RTI query was filed by Aishwarya Parashar at the Prime Minister’s Office in May this year. The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, in its reply, said the ministry has not declared any sport the national game.
“It is a bitter truth that the country has no national game,” she was quoted as saying by a newspaper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you