Hockey not India’s national game: Sports Ministry
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: A reply to a RTI query by a class VII student revealed that India has no national game. Hockey was widely considered as the national game of the country but according to the ministry it has not given any particular sport the ‘National Sport’ status.
The RTI query was filed by Aishwarya Parashar at the Prime Minister’s Office in May this year. The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, in its reply, said the ministry has not declared any sport the national game.
“It is a bitter truth that the country has no national game,” she was quoted as saying by a newspaper.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!