Hockey Olympian Claudius hospitalised
Kolkata: Triple Olympic hockey gold winner Leslie Claudius was today shifted to a private hospital from another facility with abnormal fluid retention problem.
The 85-year-old legendary hockey Olympian was admitted to the previous hospital on October 23, Bengal Hockey Association Secretary Gurbux Singh said.
"He complained of stomach problem as his lower part of the body retained fluid," he said.
State Sports Minister Madan Mitra today called on Claudius at the hospital and extended financial assistance.
Claudius has three Olympic gold medals - London 1948, Helsinki 1952 and Melbourne 1956. At Rome 1960, he had led India to a silver medal finish.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic