Hockey Olympian Claudius hospitalised
Kolkata: Triple Olympic hockey gold winner Leslie Claudius was today shifted to a private hospital from another facility with abnormal fluid retention problem.
The 85-year-old legendary hockey Olympian was admitted to the previous hospital on October 23, Bengal Hockey Association Secretary Gurbux Singh said.
"He complained of stomach problem as his lower part of the body retained fluid," he said.
State Sports Minister Madan Mitra today called on Claudius at the hospital and extended financial assistance.
Claudius has three Olympic gold medals - London 1948, Helsinki 1952 and Melbourne 1956. At Rome 1960, he had led India to a silver medal finish.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj