Hockey Olympian Claudius hospitalised
Kolkata: Triple Olympic hockey gold winner Leslie Claudius was today shifted to a private hospital from another facility with abnormal fluid retention problem.
The 85-year-old legendary hockey Olympian was admitted to the previous hospital on October 23, Bengal Hockey Association Secretary Gurbux Singh said.
"He complained of stomach problem as his lower part of the body retained fluid," he said.
State Sports Minister Madan Mitra today called on Claudius at the hospital and extended financial assistance.
Claudius has three Olympic gold medals - London 1948, Helsinki 1952 and Melbourne 1956. At Rome 1960, he had led India to a silver medal finish.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you