Hockey row: IOA prez Kalmadi rushes-in to broker peace
Pune: In the latest development in the ongoing row between Hockey India and national team’s players over settlement of dues, IOA (Indian Olympic Association) President Suresh Kalmadi rushed to the players’ camp in order to broker peace ahead of the World Cup scheduled to be hosted in India next month.
Kalamdi is the highest authoritative figure in the framework of Hockey India and talks have begun to come to a conclusion with the players who have the backing of the junior team as well.
Earlier, the Indian hockey team’s players had told reporters that they would go ahead and play on their own expenses in the upcoming World Cup next month if the apex body, Hockey India, was out of money.
The only concern for them was that there was no assurance for the clearance of their dues in the future as well.
They were told that Sahara India had paid money to the federation till 2011 and they would get anything only after the time span is over.
“We never said that we prefer money over nation. We having been holding the Tricolour for the past many years and India will always remain our priority. If Hockey India allows we are ready to play in the forthcoming World Cup on our own personal expenses,” India’s revolting hockey players said after walking out of the failed meeting with Hockey India.
The deadlock between the players and Hockey India has resulted in the cancellation of the national training camp in Pune for the World Cup, with HI president AK Mattoo setting a 48 hour deadline for the players to join the camp or face the music.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands