Hoermann elected German Olympic head
Berlin: Alfons Hoermann was elected the president of the German Olympic Sports Confederation (DOSB) during the general assembly in Wiesbaden.
The 53-year-old entrepreneur and president of the German Ski Association (DSV) got 434 of 459 votes to become the successor of former DOSB president Thomas Bach Saturday, reports Xinhua.
"I am aware of how enormous the tasks are. I know how big Thomas Bach`s footsteps are, which I cannot fill. But I will attempt to accomplish the tasks with the members," Hoermann said in an official press release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’