Hoermann elected German Olympic head
Berlin: Alfons Hoermann was elected the president of the German Olympic Sports Confederation (DOSB) during the general assembly in Wiesbaden.
The 53-year-old entrepreneur and president of the German Ski Association (DSV) got 434 of 459 votes to become the successor of former DOSB president Thomas Bach Saturday, reports Xinhua.
"I am aware of how enormous the tasks are. I know how big Thomas Bach`s footsteps are, which I cannot fill. But I will attempt to accomplish the tasks with the members," Hoermann said in an official press release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal