Hoermann elected German Olympic head
Berlin: Alfons Hoermann was elected the president of the German Olympic Sports Confederation (DOSB) during the general assembly in Wiesbaden.
The 53-year-old entrepreneur and president of the German Ski Association (DSV) got 434 of 459 votes to become the successor of former DOSB president Thomas Bach Saturday, reports Xinhua.
"I am aware of how enormous the tasks are. I know how big Thomas Bach`s footsteps are, which I cannot fill. But I will attempt to accomplish the tasks with the members," Hoermann said in an official press release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?