Hooda congratulates hockey player Poonia, offers her job
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Tuesday congratulated hockey player Savita Poonia for her performance in the 8th Women`s Asia Cup in Kuala Lumpur recently and said the player would be provided a government job as per the state`s sports policy.
Hooda said this when Poonia called on him at his residence here.
Poonia represented the Indian hockey team which has won a bronze medal in Malaysia. She had been adjudged as the best goalkeeper of the tournament.
Hooda said that with a view to ensure a secure future for players, the state government has implemented `Padak Lao Pad Pao` (bring medals, get jobs) in its sports policy under which outstanding sportsperson are provided government jobs in various departments.
He said that though Haryana is a small state having just two per cent population of the country, the players have brought laurels at national and international level with their performances.
The chief minister said that the Haryana government has also been giving due honour to outstanding players of the state by honouring them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- Ravi Rampaul reveals shocking reason for not being picked in West Indian team
- IPL 2016, Match 31: GL vs DD - As it happened...
- Jacqueline Fernandez keeps mystery alive on her relationship status
- Mamata Banerjee trying to influence polls with police help: CPI-M
- 63rd National Film Awards: Amitabh Bachchan, Kangana Ranaut receive top honours