Hooda congratulates Saina on winning Indonesia Super Series
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda today congratulated Hisar-born ace shuttler Saina Nehwal on winning the Indonesia Open Super Series title after beating world number three Xuerui Li of China in Jakarta on Sunday.
Hooda said Saina has brought laurels to the state and the country by winning number of prestigious international level tournaments and championships.
"The people of Haryana are proud of her. It is her third title of the year. I hope she will continue to achieve greater success and win gold medal for the country in London Olympics also," Hooda said in a statement here.
Saina was born in Hisar district of the state.
Her father is a scientist and both her parents were former state badminton champions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- 'Doctor Strange' trailer: As spellbinding as it could be!- Watch
- RIL, BP spend Rs 4,500 crore to maintain gas output at KG-D6
- Government to set up special court for all NSEL cases
- Vijay Mallya's 8 luxury cars to be auctioned for Rs 14 lakh
- Fourteen killed, over 20 wounded in suicide attack in Iraq's Kadhmiyah