Hooda congratulates Saina on winning Indonesia Super Series
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda today congratulated Hisar-born ace shuttler Saina Nehwal on winning the Indonesia Open Super Series title after beating world number three Xuerui Li of China in Jakarta on Sunday.
Hooda said Saina has brought laurels to the state and the country by winning number of prestigious international level tournaments and championships.
"The people of Haryana are proud of her. It is her third title of the year. I hope she will continue to achieve greater success and win gold medal for the country in London Olympics also," Hooda said in a statement here.
Saina was born in Hisar district of the state.
Her father is a scientist and both her parents were former state badminton champions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah