Hooda gives away cash award of Rs 44 lakh to wrestlers
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Tuesday gave away cash awards of Rs 44 lakh to wrestlers who excelled in the Ch. Ranbir Singh Memorial competition.
The title of `Bharat Kesri` was bagged by Sumit, a resident of village Karor and trainee of Chatarsal Stadium Delhi. He got a cash prize of Rs 21 lakh.
Satyavart, a resident of village Dubaldhan and trainee of Satpal Akhara in Rohtak stood second. He was given a cash prize of Rs 11 lakh.
Satinder, who stood third, got Rs six lakh and Joginder was awarded Rs four lakh for finishing fourth, an official release said here. Hooda also announced to appoint Sumit as Inspector and runner-up Satyavart as Sub-Inspector in the Police Department.
The chief minister was presiding over the wrestling competition in Rohtak after inaugurating Rajiv Gandhi Sports Complex and unveiling a life-size statue of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.
An incentive money of Rs 10,000 was also presented to each of the participating wrestler.
He said that Haryana government has taken a number of steps to expand the facilities for education, sports and health services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!