Hooda writes on wrestling
Jhajjar: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda is strongly advocating for the cause of retaining wrestling in the Olympics and has, through a written communication, urged Union Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports Jitender Singh in this regard.
While stating this at a concluding function of two-day Kabaddi Championship at village Gochhi in this district, Haryana Minister of State for Sports and Youth Affairs Sukhbir Kataria said that Hooda has drawn the attention of the Union Minister towards the shock which the sports fraternity in Haryana and elsewhere in the country has got after the decision of the IOC to exclude wrestling from 25 core Olympic Sports.
Kataria said that he too had already met the Union Sports Minister in this regard.
He said that wrestling is an ancient game not only of India, but of the world. He hoped that the controversy about exclusion of wrestling from Olympic would come to a close.
He said that the state government has given jobs to 431 outstanding sportspersons and out of them 23 have been appointed as Deputy Superintendent of Police, 27 as Inspector and 29 as Sub Inspector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 56: Delhi Daredevils vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — Players to watch out for
- India Post payments bank will be functional by March 2017: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Six Assam Rifles personnel killed by militants in Manipur's Chandel district ambush
- Shocking! Huge fire engulfs two coaches of Jaisalmer-Delhi Intercity Express
- Huma Qureshi-Vidyut Jammwal's Gold Glare Selfie! See pic