Hooda writes on wrestling
Jhajjar: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda is strongly advocating for the cause of retaining wrestling in the Olympics and has, through a written communication, urged Union Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports Jitender Singh in this regard.
While stating this at a concluding function of two-day Kabaddi Championship at village Gochhi in this district, Haryana Minister of State for Sports and Youth Affairs Sukhbir Kataria said that Hooda has drawn the attention of the Union Minister towards the shock which the sports fraternity in Haryana and elsewhere in the country has got after the decision of the IOC to exclude wrestling from 25 core Olympic Sports.
Kataria said that he too had already met the Union Sports Minister in this regard.
He said that wrestling is an ancient game not only of India, but of the world. He hoped that the controversy about exclusion of wrestling from Olympic would come to a close.
He said that the state government has given jobs to 431 outstanding sportspersons and out of them 23 have been appointed as Deputy Superintendent of Police, 27 as Inspector and 29 as Sub Inspector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister