Hooper hopes safety certificates are bona fide
New Delhi: After two missed deadlines, the CGF has started receiving safety certificates for the Games` venues and its CEO Mike Hooper says he is just trusting that the government agencies are providing authentic certificates.
Hooper has so far got certificates for the Games village, the training facility there, Yamuna Sports Complex and the Siri Fort Sports Complex of all the 17 venues.
There is a difference though with regard to names to documents as what Hooper has got are called occupancy certificate not building certificates, which Hooper expected.
"They call them the occupancy certificates apparently. I`m sure they`re not going to lie to me. I assume that`s what is required.”
"It`s just a language thing. Do you call them building certificates or occupancy certificates. I don`t know the clarification because they`ve only just come over the weekend," Hooper said.
Hooper hoped he would soon get the remaining certificates and believe they will be legitimate.
"It would probably be more odd if they just rocked up all on the same day, at the same time. They`re coming through as they`re being completed.”
"I`m sure they will come. But the sooner they do, the sooner we can allay people`s fears. I still remain confident they will come," he told reporters.
The government agencies had failed to meet deadline of August 18 and revised date of August 31 to provide the safety certificates to the CGF.
The construction delay and recent prolonged monsoon rains played havoc with the deadlines.
Earlier, India`s Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) created a stir when it cited suspected sub-standard building practises at various Games venues.
CVC inspected 15 venues and found fabricated case material and said regulatory approvals had been forged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings