Hope Govt of India helps in solving IOA crisis: Vijay
New Delhi: Olympic silver medallist Vijay Kumar feels that the Government of India should take appropriate steps to resolve the crisis pertaining to International Olympic Council banning Indian Olympic Association.
"I hope Government will take steps at the earliest to get the problems over. I don`t think elections should be a problem for us to represent our country at the Olympics," Vijay said while speaking to reporters at a promotional event.
While defending the performance of his fellow Olympians at the London Olympics, Vijay said there is a difference in the level of competition at the mega event.
"It took me seven years to reach where I am today and it is everyone`s dream to represent your country at the Olympics. But it`s not always that one is able to get a medal at the first go, many take two or three attempts to get a medal."
Vijay said that though shooting is an expensive sport, but if right kind of guidance is given to a person who is interested in the sport it could well become a turning point for him.
"It takes Rs 5 lakh per month apart from the equipments to prepare for Olympics and at the starting level, you need Rs 1 lakh a month for practise. But as a beginner, if one gets good guidance, then it can be a turning point for the person," added Vijay.
Vijay was on Wednesday offered by the Vice chancellor of Manav Rachna International University(MRIU) not only offered enrolment in BBA course of the University, but has also offered to give a hundred percent scholarship as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez