Hope the issues get solved quickly: Mary Kom
Greater Noida: London Olympics bronze medallist M C Mary Kom today expressed hope that the current row in the Indian Olympic Association would be resolved soon.
Talking about the suspension of the Indian Olympic IOA and the Indian Boxing Federation (IBF), she said, "I do not know what is right or wrong but what I can say is sportspersons are not happy with this. I don`t have a good feeling about this and the issue is upsetting. Hope the issues get solved quickly," Mary Kom said.
She was here for the Cycling Federation of India`s Tour de India at the Buddh International Circuit (BIC).
And about the lighter issues like the movie on her, she said,"If I act in the movie, it will definitely flop. I am not good in acting, only good in the ring. I don`t want it to flop as I want the movie to do well."
Filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali is making a biographical film on Mary Kom depicting her struggle to the top.
Actor Priyanka Chopra will be enacting the pugilist.
The five-time world champion further said, "I am very happy and excited about the film. It`s like a dream come true. Never thought a movie would be made on me and on my life history. I am really thankful to the filmmakers," said the mother of two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill