Hospital confirms dengue to cyclists, coach denies
New Delhi: Officials at a local hospital confirmed that two CWG core group cyclists -- Somvir and Vinod Malik -- were admitted for dengue treatment but their coach denied it.
K Shah, PR officer of the Jessa Ram Hospital here, said both the cyclists were admitted but Mailk has been discharged after treatment.
“Yes, they had dengue. Vinod was in hospital for the last few days and he was discharged yesterday. Somvir is still in hospital, receiving treatment,” Shah said.
National coach Chayan Chouwdhury still insists that none of their players contracted dengue, which has claimed many lives in the national capital.
“There is no truth in these reports. Yes, we had admitted Somvir and Vinod to hospital but Somvir has viral fever. Vinod had only shown symptoms but he was not diagnosed with dengue.”
“In fact he has been discharged and started practice with the team in Noida today. Practice is on at Indira Gandhi Stadium also. Vinod is perfectly fine,” Chowdury claimed.
The coach though admitted that the team was without a doctor for the past few days.
“There was a medical centre for players when we were practising at Patiala but the team is without a doctor since August 17, the day they came to Delhi,” he said.
The Cycling Federation of India had selected a 28-strong team including nine women from the core group of the Commonwealth Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note