Houston Rockets beat Utah Jazz 100-93
Houston: The Houston Rockets emerged triumphant after a 100-93 win over the Utah Jazz in National Basketball Association (NBA) action at the Toyota Center here.
The Rockets held the Jazz to under 20 points in each of the first two quarters, for a 52-33 lead at the break, but in the fourth quarter, the Rockets managed just four points in the first six minutes, while the Jazz reeled off 13, to get within 10, 74-84 Wednesday night.
Scores from Derrick Favors and Gordon Hayward put the Jazz within further striking distance, 88-93, with 1 minute and 29 seconds left. But, James Harden and Jeremy Lin put the game away at the foul line, going 7-of-8 from the stripe in the final 1:15 of play.
Harden led all scorers of the Rockets, with 29 points. Lin scored 24. Another Rocket player in double figures was Chandler Parsons, who accounted for 10.
The win improved the Rockets` card to 37-31, for the seventh spot in the West Conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Keenan-Reuben murder case: Mumbai court adjourns matter till May 5
- Bihar panchayat elections: Polling begins for third phase
- Now, IIT to come up in Jammu; all decks cleared for 625 acre campus - Know its exact location
- Indian Premier League 9: Gujarat Lions' Ravindra Jadeja reprimanded for showing dissent at umpire's decision
- Holiday video alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput’s oceanic vacation