Houston Rockets beat Utah Jazz 100-93
Houston: The Houston Rockets emerged triumphant after a 100-93 win over the Utah Jazz in National Basketball Association (NBA) action at the Toyota Center here.
The Rockets held the Jazz to under 20 points in each of the first two quarters, for a 52-33 lead at the break, but in the fourth quarter, the Rockets managed just four points in the first six minutes, while the Jazz reeled off 13, to get within 10, 74-84 Wednesday night.
Scores from Derrick Favors and Gordon Hayward put the Jazz within further striking distance, 88-93, with 1 minute and 29 seconds left. But, James Harden and Jeremy Lin put the game away at the foul line, going 7-of-8 from the stripe in the final 1:15 of play.
Harden led all scorers of the Rockets, with 29 points. Lin scored 24. Another Rocket player in double figures was Chandler Parsons, who accounted for 10.
The win improved the Rockets` card to 37-31, for the seventh spot in the West Conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India