Houston Rockets romp past LA Lakers
Houston: The Houston Rockets recorded a convincing victory over the Los Angeles Lakers at their home court Wednesday night, romping past 113-99 in the National Basketball Association (NBA) league.
In their previous encounter with the Lakers, the Rockets lost at Toyota Center. But they didn`t let opportunities slip away this time. With a third quarter surge, Houston slammed LA, leading by as much as 20 points in that quarter, reports a leading agency.
The Rockets didn`t play well enough in the first half, once trailing by 11 points. The Lakers had a five-point advantage in halftime. However, Houston had a late burst in the third quarter, outscoring the Lakers 33-15.
James Harden scored 17 points in that quarter and helped his team make a 21-3 offensive run. The Rockets never looked back in the fourth quarter and earned enough vantage point to win the game in a convincing way.
Harden tied a season high with 38 points and five steals. Dwight Howard added 20 points and 13 rebounds. Terrence Jones chipped in 15 points and 13 rebounds.
Nick Young paced the Lakers with 25 points while Pau Gasol added 21 points and 12 rebounds and guard Jodie Meeks added 21 points.
With the win, the Rockets have improved to 23-13 on the season. The Lakers are 14-22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now