Houston Rockets romp past LA Lakers
Houston: The Houston Rockets recorded a convincing victory over the Los Angeles Lakers at their home court Wednesday night, romping past 113-99 in the National Basketball Association (NBA) league.
In their previous encounter with the Lakers, the Rockets lost at Toyota Center. But they didn`t let opportunities slip away this time. With a third quarter surge, Houston slammed LA, leading by as much as 20 points in that quarter, reports a leading agency.
The Rockets didn`t play well enough in the first half, once trailing by 11 points. The Lakers had a five-point advantage in halftime. However, Houston had a late burst in the third quarter, outscoring the Lakers 33-15.
James Harden scored 17 points in that quarter and helped his team make a 21-3 offensive run. The Rockets never looked back in the fourth quarter and earned enough vantage point to win the game in a convincing way.
Harden tied a season high with 38 points and five steals. Dwight Howard added 20 points and 13 rebounds. Terrence Jones chipped in 15 points and 13 rebounds.
Nick Young paced the Lakers with 25 points while Pau Gasol added 21 points and 12 rebounds and guard Jodie Meeks added 21 points.
With the win, the Rockets have improved to 23-13 on the season. The Lakers are 14-22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...