I am ready for Intanon challenge, says Sindhu
New Delhi: Having made it to her maiden semi-finals of a Super Series event in India, PV Sindhu on Friday said she is happy with her progress in the ongoing India Open and is looking forward towards making the most of it, when she faces World No 6 Ratchanok Intanon here on Saturday.
Sindhu today defeated Yui Hashimoto of Japan 21-16 21-16 to enter the last four stage of the women`s singles event.
"I am happy to have made it to the semi-final. This is the first time I have entered the semifinals of a Super Series event in India and my second overall. I would be hoping to do well tomorrow," said Sindhu.
The 17-year-old said it would be a tough match against the Thai girl on Saturday.
"She is one of the best players in the world. She is my senior. It is going to be a tough match, but I am ready for it," she said.
Talking about her today`s quarterfinals against Hashimoto, who had beaten Saina Nehwal yesterday, Sindhu said the Japanese lost because of her mistake.
"Japanese girls play a lot of rallies and even I play a lot of rallies. There were a number of rallies happening today also and I won because she made mistakes," explained Sindhu.
In the first game, Sindhu was leading 19-7 before Hashimoto bagged nine straight points to make it 16-19 but the Hyderabadi girl said she kept her patience.
"Even while I was leading, I was not over-confident. There have been many matches where I had been leading but then conceded from there on. So I was not over-confident. But when she was winning points, I was patient and I was just saying to myself?"come one it is just a matter of one point break," elaborated Sindhu.
Sindhu said she was happy to be entering the quarters and semi-final of the big tournaments more frequently.
"Earlier, I was losing in first round matches but it is not the case any more. So that?s good. Though it`s good to be losing also sometimes as you learn more from it."
She quickly went on to add,"That doesn`t mean that you should lose."
Asking if she had missed playing Saina in the quarters, which would have been their first clash in a tournament had the world no. 2 won her match yesterday, Sindhu said,"May be next time."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared