I am surprised why Gopichand is quiet: Jwala
New Delhi: Embattled shuttler Jwala Gutta on Friday said she is surprised that India`s chief badminton coach Pullela Gopichand is still silent on the proposed life ban on her by BAI for an alleged disciplinary breach.
"I am really surprised why the chief coach is quiet. Why he has nothing to say?," asked Jwala.
"Former coaches like Arif sir and Vimal sir have spoken out. Vimal sir was the coach of Banga Beats, he also came out with his statement. If they can speak out, why can`t the chief coach?
"I mean he is not just the coach of his academy but of the whole country. He can tell me that Jwala what you did is wrong but he should take a stand. Why is he not commenting?," she added.
The Delhi High Court today declined to grant stay on ongoing inquiry proceedings by a committee set up by the Badminton Association of India (BAI) against ace shuttler Jwala for alleged indiscipline.
The Hyderabadi shuttler, who is currently in Paris playing in the French Open, said the issue is affecting her performance.
"I try that such things don`t affect me but I am also a human being and it harasses me. All these are there in the back of my head, things which are happening in India," she said.
Asked if she has the support of her fellow shuttlers, Jwala said they are not openly voicing their support because they are scared of being victimised themselves.
"I understand that my fellow Indian team members cannot voice their support openly because they are scared of themselves getting victimised. I am happy Ashwini (Ponnappa) stood by me," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog