I became negative and defensive, says PV Sindhu
New Delhi: P V Sindhu blamed her negative thoughts and defensive approach for defeat in the marquee IBL match against Saina Nehwal but vowed not to repeat her mistakes when she clashes with her senior compatriot next time.
"Initially it was okay but Saina started attacking while it was 14-14. In the second game I became a bit negative and also got defensive. I think I should have played a little more faster and attacking game. I was thinking aloud, I made some judgement errors. She is a senior player and played very well," Sindhu, who won a bronze medal at the recent World Championship, said.
Sindhu, representing Awadh Warriors, lost 19-21 8-21 to Hyderabad Hotspot`s Saina.
"I would not repeat this mistake again," she said.
Talking about her performance at the World Championships, Sindhu said it was a fantastic achievement.
"I didn`t think I would get a medal but it is a fantastic feeling. Beating two Chinese was really great. All in all, I am very happy. My teammates really supported me," she said.
Sindhu, who today became world no. 10, said her aim was to break into top-10 by the end of this year but now that she has achieved it she would have to rethink about her next goal.
"I thought by the end of this year, I would break into top 10 but I have already done it, so now I haven`t yet set a new goal," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu