I feel disrespected by ad-hoc body`s behaviour, says Mary Kom
New Delhi: Olympic bronze medallist M C Mary Kom is still smarting about the last-minute postponement of the Asian Games trials, alleging that the ad-hoc body members have "disrespected her achievements" by not bothering to inform her about their decision.
"I was very hurt when I came to know that the trials have been postponed. What surprised me was that they didn`t even bother to inform me till the last minute. Is that what I deserve having brought so many laurels for the country at international competitions? I feel the organisers (ad-hoc) didn`t support me and also feel disrespected," Mary Kom told mediapersons at a promotional event of the CRPF here today.
Mary Kom feels that this precedent is not very good for aspiring boxers who are toiling to bring glory to the nation.
"Just imagine, if they are doing this to me, what will happen to the talented juniors who are coming through the system. Well, it did disturb my training for the Asian Games trials. But now I am focussed and raring to go. I am ever-ready for the trials. Today, tomorrow or whenever, my job is to compete," said `Magnificent Mary`.
However, one question she didn`t like was about new sensation Pinky Jangra.
When a scribe was about to question the five-time world champion about "CWG silver medallist Pinky", she cut him short and said, "It was a bronze1."
And does she feel that finally she has some competition in India, Mary Kom replied, "I will not answer this question now. I would certainly like to give an answer to this question but it will only be after the Asian Games trials. About competition, it`s a healthy thing and should always be there."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state