IBF floats tender for exclusive marketing agent
New Delhi: Indian boxing is all set to get an exclusive marketing agent by the end of this month with the federation today floating the tender for it, seeking a response from the interested firms within the next 21 days.
With some top sports marketing firms like Percept and IMG showing interest, the Indian Boxing Federation is confident of inking a profitable four-year deal.
“We have floated the tender for finding a marketing agent and the companies have to respond in the next 21 days. By the end of this month, we would know which company gets the deal,” IBF Secretary General P K Muralidharan Raja said.
“Five to six major players like IMG, Percept, Infinity Optimal Solutions (IOS) and a couple of more have shown interest in becoming our marketing agent,” Raja said.
The marketing agent will also promote the Indian Series of Boxing which would take off after the World series of Boxing scheduled this year. Besides, it will also assist in bringing bilateral, tri-nation and other international events to India.
“The interested parties will have to agree to a minimum guarantee on the basis of our requirements. Once we get a marketing agent on board, it will be a four-year arrangement until 2014 during which they will have to take care of certain things like the arrangements at the National Championships,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24