IBF floats tender for exclusive marketing agent
New Delhi: Indian boxing is all set to get an exclusive marketing agent by the end of this month with the federation today floating the tender for it, seeking a response from the interested firms within the next 21 days.
With some top sports marketing firms like Percept and IMG showing interest, the Indian Boxing Federation is confident of inking a profitable four-year deal.
“We have floated the tender for finding a marketing agent and the companies have to respond in the next 21 days. By the end of this month, we would know which company gets the deal,” IBF Secretary General P K Muralidharan Raja said.
“Five to six major players like IMG, Percept, Infinity Optimal Solutions (IOS) and a couple of more have shown interest in becoming our marketing agent,” Raja said.
The marketing agent will also promote the Indian Series of Boxing which would take off after the World series of Boxing scheduled this year. Besides, it will also assist in bringing bilateral, tri-nation and other international events to India.
“The interested parties will have to agree to a minimum guarantee on the basis of our requirements. Once we get a marketing agent on board, it will be a four-year arrangement until 2014 during which they will have to take care of certain things like the arrangements at the National Championships,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation