IBF floats tender for exclusive marketing agent
New Delhi: Indian boxing is all set to get an exclusive marketing agent by the end of this month with the federation today floating the tender for it, seeking a response from the interested firms within the next 21 days.
With some top sports marketing firms like Percept and IMG showing interest, the Indian Boxing Federation is confident of inking a profitable four-year deal.
“We have floated the tender for finding a marketing agent and the companies have to respond in the next 21 days. By the end of this month, we would know which company gets the deal,” IBF Secretary General P K Muralidharan Raja said.
“Five to six major players like IMG, Percept, Infinity Optimal Solutions (IOS) and a couple of more have shown interest in becoming our marketing agent,” Raja said.
The marketing agent will also promote the Indian Series of Boxing which would take off after the World series of Boxing scheduled this year. Besides, it will also assist in bringing bilateral, tri-nation and other international events to India.
“The interested parties will have to agree to a minimum guarantee on the basis of our requirements. Once we get a marketing agent on board, it will be a four-year arrangement until 2014 during which they will have to take care of certain things like the arrangements at the National Championships,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Delhi Assembly passes resolution against MHA notification: As it happened