IBF representatives should not vote in IOA polls: IOC, AIBA
New Delhi: The suspended Indian Boxing Federation will not have any representation in the upcoming IOA elections after the IOC and the AIBA instructed that no official from the IBF be allowed to cast a vote in the February 9 polls.
IBF President Abhishek Matoria, senior vice-President Bhupinder Singh and Manipur Boxing Association Secretary General Khoibi Salam were listed in the electoral college for the IOA polls.
But the trio will not be allowed to cast a vote in the elections now. "We would like to inform you that the current AIBA national Member Federation of India, the Indian Amateur Boxing Federation, has been suspended by AIBA. Therefore it is AIBA`s position that no representative from IABF should participate in the IOA elections and vote on behalf of the sport of boxing in India," AIBA Executive Director Ho Kim told IOC in a letter.
In response, the IOC stated that it would adhere to the position taken by AIBA. "In view of the situation, the IOC is also of the opinion that the Boxing Federation in India should not participate in the Elective General Assembly of the suspended IOA on February 9 and should not be allowed to nominate any of its representatives for the elections," IOC Director NOC Relations Pere Miro said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know