IBL announces 11th players of five teams
New Delhi: The Indian Badminton League (IBL) on Friday announced the names of Under-19 players for five of its franchises, in addition to those players picked up at the auction.
According to IBL rules, each franchise had to pick an India Under-19 player, who will be the 11th player in the respective squads.
Mumbai Masters have named Harsheel Dani, ranked No.2 in the Under-19 boys singles category as their 11th player for the IBL 2013. Dani was the winner of the U-19 boys singles title in the National championship held in Imphal.
Krrish Delhi Smashers have included Utkarsh Arora, gold medallist in boys singles and bronze medallist in the team event in the 2012 National School Games held in Pune.
Pune Pistons have selected Revathi Devasthale, the five-time Maharashtra captain and state under-17 singles winner twice.
Hyderabad Hotshots have enlisted C Rahul Yadav, 16, who was the Sub-Junior National Champion 2012. Yadav is currently ranked No.2 in Under-17 and No.4 in Under-19.
Banga Beats have selected Daniel Farid, winner of the U-17 All India Junior ranking tournament 2013 at FNCC, Hyderabad. Farid was the bronze medallist in the U-15 in ANA Asian Badminton Championship 2011.
The sixth franchisee, Awadhe Warriors (from Lucknow), is in the process of finalising their 11th player and the name will be announced shortly.
The players were chosen by each franchisee from their catchment area. After zeroing in on the final player of their respective team, the franchises then informed IBL Governing Council on their final choices.
• Mumbai Masters - Harsheel Dani
• Krrish Delhi Smashers - Utkarsh Arora
• Pune Pistons - Revathi Devasthale
• Hyderabad - C Rahul Yadav
• Banga Beats - Daniel Farid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price