IBL auction postponed again
New Delhi: The $1 million Indian Badminton League (IBL) players` auction has once again been postponed. Initially scheduled for July 19, the auction will now be held on July 22.
The auction was delayed considering the requests from the franchise owners.
"As a few of the franchisees have requested for a two-day workshop ahead of the IBL auction, the IBL governing council has accepted their request. Hence, the IBL franchisee meet will now take place in New Delhi on July 21, followed by the IBL players auction on July 22," said a statement from the organizers on Thursday.
The auction, originally scheduled to be held in March, was postponed to June 30 and then further delayed to July 19.
Importantly, there has been no postponement of the league itself which will be held Aug 14-31. The six franchises - Hyderabad, Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai, Pune and Lucknow - were bought out by Thursday.
The opening ceremony is scheduled to be held in the capital Aug 13 while the finals will be held in Mumbai Aug 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged